There are thousands of domain providers and resellers but not all of them offer the same quality of service. Your domain registrar is almost as important as your hosting provider so make sure you select the right one.
There are four key points to look for in a domain registrar:
- Renewal rates: some providers offer domain registration at cheap rates but charge heavily for renewal. I recommend you to stay away from such providers because you end up paying much more over time.
- View Business Discount domains
- Settings dashboard: you should also check if the domain provider has a user-friendly dashboard to change domain related settings like DNS names and redirects. This dashboard is especially useful if you plan on purchasing domain name and hosting from different providers.
- Technical support: with hosting websites comes an array of technical issues that might originate from your end or on the server side. To ensure you have a smooth operation make sure that the provider offers 24/7 technical support and that their support is competent.
- Domain names should not be too expensive: if the registrar is charging a too much for the domain name it’s better to look somewhere else. If money is not a concern you can consider buying a premium domain to boost your visibility.
Based on these four factors, here are the best domain registrars in the industry:
Namecheap allows you to buy cheap domains while still providing excellent service and support. They have been around for a long time and provide best prices on domains. They also offer hosting service which is affordable and faster than most competitors.
GoDaddy provides the best deals for short term purchases. Their bulk purchase prices are the most competitive in the market. They are a well-known brand that has captured the market with their aggressive pricing. GoDaddy provides all the services you’d need to have your website up and running – Web Hosting, Email Hosting, SSL certificate etc.
Google is also a domain registrar and a pretty good one. The prices offered by Google are not the cheapest but the services bundle it provides is better than anything out there. With every domain registration, you get – custom email with G suite, customizable sub-domain, domain management tools, integration with amazing website builder, and world class support.
You can do a domain search with any of these registrars and find the available domains. If you are lucky you might get a discount domain especially if you buy during the holiday season. Besides these three there are a ton of good providers that I didn’t mention because the services they offer were redundant with the ones I mentioned. Free Hosting Providers and Banner Advertisements